Sunday 13 July 2014

Natural Hair journey

Natural hair is something that has been gaining a lot of popularity over the last few years, it fell out of popularity in the 1980"s but if you rocked a natural fro in the 60's & 70's then not only were you making a political statement then you were also at the height of fashion. 

In this day and age its not quite a political statement but many people have found it to be an important change in their life. I chose this to be the focus of my blog because I believe that it is a lot more than just hair. Each week I will explore a different facet of hair care and hair styles and discuss some of the history of natural hair within the African-American community. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree, natural hair has had its likes and dislikes from many and it is something that is definitely becoming a bigger deal for a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be a bit of a touchy subject for some people but it is gaining a lot of popularity, I think that people have to remember that whatever they choose to do with their hair is their own business but it is always nice to have options!

      Delete