Tuesday 29 July 2014

Brush. Brush, Brush






I have a question. When you need a brush do you just run to the store and grab any old thing? I mean they are all basically the same right? Wrong! Not all brushes are created equal and I'm going to tell you why.

If you're like me then you might gravitate to the stronger brush that can catch all those little hairs on your nape and create that sleek and polished look, more than likely it's a brush that is made with stiff plastic bristles but did you know that those brushes are hard on the hair? There are a ton of brushes out there that can give you the same results and are much gentler on your hair, here are my top 3.




1. The wide tooth paddle brush is amazing for detangling! I wouldn't suggest using this one dry hair but it can make dentangling on wet hair painless and drama free, not to mention the fact that the wide set and flexible bristles are much easier on the hair.


2. I like to use a round boar bristle brush to style my hair because of the soft and pliable bristles, it is also good for distributing oils throughout the hair, it's important to pay attention to see if your brush is 100% boar bristle because there are some brushes that have a mixture of plastic and synthetic bristles. This one from Conair is available for $15.99, kind of pricey but worth it. 






3. Now I have personally never used the Denman brush but I have read about it on a lot of other blogs, the main consenus seems to be that this is a great brush for detangling and especially for those with curly hair. The one thing that might scare most people off is the price, it ranges from $10-$19 dollars. 




No comments:

Post a Comment